Friday, March 9, 2012

Post the First - Introductions

I am a 22 year old woman. I know what many of you are thinking. “That’s so young, what can she possibly know about love, family and making relationships work?”
I’m right aren’t I? I honestly thought quite a bit about whether I should even mention that. Would anyone take me seriously? Would they read that first sentence and simply move on because the author of the blog is “simply too young to know what she is talking about”? Perhaps…
But perhaps they would be “old” enough and mature enough to understand that such generalizations do not account for life experiences or the fact that everyone is their own person with their own ideas, beliefs, maturity levels and capacity for learning, understanding, feeling, growth, loving…
So I shall reiterate. I am a 22 year old woman. Not girl, not child, not even young adult. I have my own beliefs and opinions (trust me, you’ll learn all about those J), my own dreams and desires, my own home with my husband and children (I have 2) and we do just fine.  We are not perfect, no one is, but we do okay so I thought I might share my 2 cents on family and relationships in case it might benefit anyone else.
My next post will discuss my opinion J on the “too young” sentiment, but for now I will just introduce myself and my family.
z  Me (The Mama) -- You guys can think of me as Mama H. I’ve told you my age. I am a stay-at-home mom. I guess I would consider myself fairly “crunchy” and an attachment parent. I breastfeed, babywear, plan to homeschool at least until 2nd grade, plan to make my own baby food (didn’t for first child) and believe in using gentle discipline and teaching through example. There will be little to no “do what I say, not what I do” in my house. I have taken one year of college classes online but decided to stop for the time being due to issues with the school and to focus more on my family. My favorite things to do are spend time with my family, sing, read, write, craft and watch funny movies.

z  The Husband/The Daddy – We’ll call this wonderful man I love Dubya. That’s what his friends call him anyway… He is 25 years old. He is a tech geek and works as a support analyst for a large Healthcare IT company in our area. As of right now he is our sole breadwinner. I guess I shouldn’t say breadwinner, as our oldest is already under the impression that he brings bacon home from work each day. He is a loving father and husband and a wonderful provider. We would all be lost without him. True to his geekiness his favorite pastimes include anything computer related, reading manga, doing math problems (for fun! *GAG*), playing video games and educating our children about important things, like Star Wars. When he gets to pick the movie we end up watching something sci-fi and/or action packed, like Die Hard or Aliens. He is also a dedicated Brony.

z  The Princess – We’ll call my oldest P1. She will be 3 next month. She is a beautiful, intelligent little girl (I swear I’m not biased at all!). She is very active, a huge daredevil, very independent and mostly well behaved. She loves to dress up and wear jewelry and puts up with Mommy’s obsession with styling her hair (she likes the end result, but only tolerates the styling process). She loves Scooby Doo, Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Rugrats and Disney Princesses (her favorite is Ariel. I always said Ariel would be her favorite whether she liked her or not lol). She also loves to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with her Daddy. She sings and dances and makes my life brighter in every possible way.

z  The Pumpkin – We’ll call this littlest member of the family P2. She is just 4 months old and was born in October 2011 (that’s why we call her Pumpkin). She is… higher maintenance than her big sister and thinks she needs to be held almost constantly. Her volume settings are limited to 0, 2 and 11. She seems to prefer 11. Her favorite pastimes are nursing (while pinching and scratching the crap out of my breasts and upper arm), fussing, being held/worn, drooling, chewing on things, sleeping, being FREAKING ADORABLE and learning to sit up on her own, which she is getting quite good at.

So that’s my family and me. I hope you’ve enjoyed this little peek into who we are and I look forward to sharing more about us with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment